The Best No-Yeast Pizza Dough Evah!

So, I am scared of yeast.
This is the truth! I really am! Something about living ingredients that I could accidentally kill and render totally useless if I do it incorrectly, it just gets to me, man (also, I think the patience/time required for cooking with yeast puts me off a little. I am not a patient person by nature; therefore, I do not subject myself to needless patience if there is a way around it).

Revision: Let me clarify--I had someone ask me if I was actually scared of the yeast itself (as in, not eating it, avoiding it at all cost), what I meat to say was that I am scared to "bake" with yeast. I am scared to use yeast as an ingredient for fear that I will expend much time and effort only to kill the yeast and render the recipe a failure. Plus, I'm a college student--I SO don't have time for that.

But this pizza crust: super easy, super delish, and NO yeast.
I found out about this recipe several months ago, and now I have lost count of how many times I've made it. And since it's equal parts flour and Greek yogurt, you can make any size batch of dough you want. Ingenious, right?

The Best No-Yeast Pizza Dough Evah!!!




yields: 1 medium pizza or 2 individual pizzas

Ingredients:

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
Garlic salt, to taste
Dried Oregano, to taste
Flour (for dusting)

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, put in the flour, garlic salt, and oregano. Stir to combine.
2. Stir in the Greek yogurt until the mixture becomes thick and doughy.
3. On a floured surface, roll out dough while adding more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
4. Bake in a pre-heated 450F oven for 8-10 minutes.
5. Add desired topping (cheese, sauce, meat, veggies) and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Consume.


3 comments:

Post a Comment