Presto! Homemade Pesto!

Short post, tonight. Really short post. Lauren is sleepy; but I made this tonight and it was way too good not to share. I got a pile of fresh basil from my beloved cousin, and since I was already making some mini skinny lasagnas (the recipe's to come in a couple of days), 


I figured that some homemade pesto would be a nice addition to the filling. So voila! Complicated back story, I realize; it's because I'm such a complex person (who desperately needs sleep right now).

This picture is from lunch today. It was a sister-sister date; quite wonderful.
Anyway... live long and eat pesto!



Homemade Pesto


Yeild: 2 to 2 1/2 cups
Time cook: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
4 cups fresh basil, tightly packed
1/2 cup unsalted almonds
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh cracked pepper

Directions:
In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.




No comments:

Post a Comment