Muffin Mix Strawberry Cobbler

Wow, so.... it's been a while, guys.
Sorry about that. I do believe that I am experiencing what most people call "homework overload" or "stress" or maybe just "college." Yea, just about all of those fit into the same category. Anyway, on top of all of that, I had a lovely little stomach bug this weekend. That was loads of fun! So now I am recouping, eating saltines and vegetable soup like a boss. Oh yes, I am living the life.

So, about this post: I actually made this cobbler a while back and prepared the post and everything and was saving it for a moment when I was supercalifragilisticexpialadocious-ly busy. (Did I spell that correctly? Hmmm...) So I figured that now was as good of a time as any to present you with this scrumptious cobbler recipe!

*On a more technical note: I am trying to fix the comment section on my blog so the comments will actually appear underneath the post. But my extremely busy and technologically-challenged self is finding it quite difficult to do that right now. I will be sure to spread the news when I get it fixed. 


Enjoy!

What if I were to tell you that you can make a delicious, warm, mouth-watering, heart-warming, kid-friendly,  adult-friendly, budget-friendly, just all-around-cordial cobbler in less that 5 minutes?
Would you believe me?


Well, at first, I probably wouldn't have believed myself either seeing as how I have never spent less than 45 minutes perfecting a dessert recipe.



But here's the thing: I am a college student. And college student = homework.
And for me right now, homework = life.
So, as you can see, this little girl didn't have 45 minutes or longer to spend making a dessert.
BUT, I promised my roommates that I would make them a strawberry cobbler. You don't break food promises. That is just wrong. Hence my obligation to make a quick dessert. I mixed this together in less than 5 minutes and had it in the oven. A miracle! I know!
It's so amazing that I am even fragmenting my sentences! Because you know, I never do that (she said sarcastically).

Oh, by the way, this cobbler uses muffin mix!
Yea! You heard me--muffin mix!



So the next time you run to the grocery store, pick one of the 48 different kinds of muffin mixes staring back at you, grab a bag of frozen fruit (walk past the ice cream. I know it's tempting. Don't do it. You have got a cobbler awaiting you, remember?), and go home and make yourself and your family this delightfully decadent, yet almost dangerously easy.

Make this on a hectic weeknight and so your husband (or wife, or boyfriend, or girlfriend, or children, or mother-in-law...) will think you are the most lovely and talented human being that they have ever met.
Cobbler? On a weeknight? You betcha. Oh, you betcha.

Muffin Mix Strawberry Cobbler



Ingredients:

1 package blueberry muffin mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
5 cups frozen strawberries
1/2 cup sugar


Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375F.


2.  In a large bowl, mix together the muffin mix, butter, eggs, and milk.


3. Spread into a well-greased pan.



4. Place strawberries on top of the batter.


5. Sprinkle on the sugar. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! It makes the top wonderfully crunchy when it's done baking.



 6. Bake in a 375F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the middle is firm and no longer jiggles when you shake it.

**If you think the cobbler is starting to get too brown, simply cover it with a piece of tinfoil.



Let it cool for at least 5-10 minutes, and then serve to everyone you know and let them marvel at your culinary genius.
Shhhh, this can be our little secret.



Stay hungry, my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment