Fudgy Chocolate Fudge Fudgies



Yes, I realized that I just posted yesterday, but there is a reason for my irregular and spasmodic posting.
It is this recipe. You honestly do not need to live another day without this recipe in your recipe armory. It is a treasure, a beautiful gem of love covered in chocolate. Is there anything better?


I can answer that: No, no there is not.

And if you happen to be one of those people who don't like chocolate,


Well, honestly, I have nothing more to say to you.
Ever.

These "Fudgies," as I call them, were originally intended to be brownies. But as you may have caught on, my initial intentions are rarely my final product when it comes to baking.
These beautiful bars are a mix between fudge, a flour-less chocolate cake, and brownies--hence the name "Fudgies."
And what a better way to finish off your Valentine's-induced chocolate coma?


I would also like to let it be known that these Fudgies got a 100% roommate approval.
Yes, indeed.
Live long and eat fudgies.

Fudgy Chocolate Fudge Fudgies

Ingredients:

4 eggs
3/4 cup self-rising flour
2 cups sugar
2 cup chocolate chips*
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup peanut butter (optional, but who am kidding, peanut butter is never optional)

**white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate: whatever suits your fancy.

Directions:

1. Melt butter, unsweetened chocolate and 1 cup chocolate chips in a bowl at 30 second intervals until completely melted. (Reserve the other cup for later.)
2. Mix in all of the other ingredients except peanut butter and reserved 1 cup chocolate chips.
3. Sprinkle on the chocolate chips and spoon the peanut butter on top. Swirl into the brownie batter. 
4. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until you simply cannot wait any longer.



I most highly recommend these straight out of the oven, with a healthy (er, not so healthy) dose of vanilla ice cream.


Oh, and happy late Valentine's Day. Don't forget to pick up some discounted chocolate today.


Stay hungry, my friends





No comments:

Post a Comment