The Photo Shoot. Yes, I said photo shoot.


So, I had a photo shoot. No it's not a typo, I said photo shoot.
Photo Shoot!
(*resuming nonchalant blogger personality*)
Let me just tell you what God did...


So, I have a blog, right?


Well, as I mentioned before, one of the guys from my church, who is a budding (and very talented) photographer, saw my blog and approached me about taking some pictures for my blog!


How amazing is that? After a few phone calls, text messages, and adjusted plans, we were able to have the photo shoot on perhaps what was the coldest day of the year.


I am not even joking. You see the laugh on my face in this picture?
Yes, it was because I was going delirious from the cold. (Of course, there is a slight chance that before this picture was taken I had just brilliantly stuck my foot- shoe, sock, and all- in a bucket of frozen water. Well, I thought it was frozen. Until I stuck my foot in it. Yea.)


I was so pleased with all of the pictures. They turned out great!
The photographer is Matt Edwards. He and his precious wife have just started a photography business together. They are both very creative, and their photos are much different that the mundane, get-behind-a-screen-and-say-cheese photography.


You can read more about them and find their website here.
And I suggest you do that. Right now. Or, you know, after you finish reading this "collaboration of events pertaining to my person-hood" that I like to refer to as, "life." Profound, huh?





Anyways, the time I am going back to school tomorrow. Bright and early and back to the 'burg. It is bittersweet really. This has been a wonderfully strange, upside down Christmas. Just about everything was different, but just about everything was better. It was a chance to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas (i.e. the King of the Universe humbling Himself so much as to come down to earth to be hated and rejected and then killed all because He could bear to be without us.) I was much more thankful for the time I had with my family. It was beautiful: just being able to spend time with the people you love, and them not expect anything in return.
That is something I am really going to miss at school. Not that there aren't wonderful people who love Jesus, but you just can't replace the closeness of family.
I kick myself sometimes though because the glass is not half empty! I should be so thankful for the amazing time that I did have with my family! And in obeying God in going back to school, I am going to be able to look back on it one day and see how He sustained me; He is enough.







While you are browsing through these beautiful pictures (Humility, Lauren, humility...), I have a question/devotional thought for you:


Why are you here?
Really think about that. Why are you here on this earth?
I get so lost in myself sometimes that I forget that life is not about me. As much as I would like for it to be sometimes, it is not! We were not put here for our own sake. Life is purely an opportunity to express God's greatness. One of my favorite verses in God's Word to us is 1 Corinthians 10:31, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." (NIV).






So the next time you are in line at the grocery store, someone cuts you off in the parking lot, or you are watching TV, or listening to music, or doing homework, or cooking supper, or reading a book: whatever it is, do it for God's glory.
And it is not just because your mama says so or your pastor says so, it is because He deserves it. He deserves our praise. In fact, He is the only one who does deserve our praise!  He made you!
He didn't have to do that, you know. Do you know why He made you? He made you because He loves you, more than you could ever fathom! And He wants you to love Him back!



Do all for the glory of God.
Do everything you do for God.
Everything.
Because He deserves it.




Who is your "potter?" Everything in life shapes you into who you are. Everything. What (or Who) are you allowing into your life to shape you into the person you are? ...Just a thought.








Stay hungry, my friends.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your blog and the pictures are absolutely wonderful! You are beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. test comment from lovelytemplates.

    ReplyDelete