Rustic Garlic Cheddar Potato Wedges


These. Are. Amazing.
I was making Turkey Meatloaf with a Cranberry Glaze the other night, and we needed something to go with it.
I racked my brain (and my Pinterest account) for inspiration, and voila!
I threw together some potatoes that needed using, olive oil, garlic salt, and cheddar, and a little corn starch and out came these beauties!
This is a very basic recipe with endless flavor combinations. Feel free to swap the cheddar and garlic salt for any other herbs, spices, or cheeses that you think would be good.





Rustic Garlic Cheddar Potato Wedges


Ingredients:

5 medium russet potatoes, cleaned and scrubbed
3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. cornstarch, optional (it makes them a little more crispy on the outside)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or the equivalent in fresh minced garlic)
1/4 tsp. pepper

**NOTE: in the pictures, you will see that I peeled my potatoes. Don't.
The only reason I peeled them is they had that slightly green layer on the outside from over-exposure to the sun. 'Tis all.

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Wash and scrub the potatoes to rinse off any dirt. Do not peel the potatoes.



Don't say I didn't warn you.


I apologize little potatoes; it was for your own good.


3. After rinsing the potatoes, cut each potato in half, lengthwise.

4. Then take each half, and cut it into three or four equal sections, depending on how large you want your wedges.


5. Add the olive oil, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and garlic salt, (Everything except the cheese)


6. Mix, mix, mix, mix.


7. Distribute the wedges between one or two well greased baking sheets. Make sure they are not overcrowded.

8. Sprinkle the cheese on top.

9. Bake at 425F for roughly 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are brown and well-crisped.





10. Enjoy!




Stay hungry, my friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment