The Post-Thanksgiving Post


It is finals week here at the great Liberty University, and the mix of stress, nervousness, and procrastination can be felt from miles away. (But not for this college student, right? I would never procrastinate!)
For me, however, I would not exactly label it "procrastination." I would more likely call it, "I-have-a-million-things-to-do-this-week-not-to-mention-I-am-in-the-Christmas-show-at-Liberty-which-is-going-on-every-night-this-week."
Yes, 'tis life.



So, with everything going on, I completely forgot to give my post-Thanksgiving synopsis of all of the festive events!

It was the best Thanksgiving I have had in a really long time. There was not anything in particular that was special about this Thanksgiving, but it was so wonderful to just be home with my family! I did not realize how much I took my home for granted until I left. Now it is so much sweeter when do get to go home.

With that being said, I was finally able to get back into the kitchen, and I was able to once again bake like a mad woman enjoy our beautiful gas stove and luxurious convection oven. (Some would refer to it as an obsession; I prefer to call it a profound appreciation.)
Here is one of the things I made during Thanksgiving (recipes to come.):

Triple Layer Chocolate Fudge-topped Cheesecake Cake
One of our many Thanksgiving Spreads


Over the Thanksgiving holiday, our family ended up having four different Thanksgivings! Talk about food!



Gingerbread Casserole

However, I did not mind at all. I love it when people take time out to spend time together as a family, being thankful for the many blessings we have.


Apple Dumpling Cake Bars
During thanksgiving break, my sister and I were again reunited. We had such a good time together. We also happened to notice how much we favor one another. Hmmm, I guess it is those Hooten Family "Genes..."
(Just wait a second, you'll get it.)


The Hooten Family "Genes"





One of our many Thanksgivings with Daddy's family

Overall, it was a beautiful time of rest and family and time with Jesus. It was a much-needed break to take a step back from the business of life, to pause and observe all of the blessings that God has given us.
No, not everything is perfect, but perfection is only found in Christ.
As Christians, we are to be Thankful every day of our lives for God's goodness.



Isn't He good?

1 comment:

Post a Comment