Pumpkin Fries

So, I had a pumpkin, and I was going through kitchen withdraws. Thus, the pumpkin fries.
Ok, so they are not "fries" per say, but they look a lot like them do they not? They are a little more "mushy" (Don't you like my descriptions? Sorry, my brain has been on overload lately.) that normal fries, but I got two thumbs up by three of my roommates, so I say they are pretty good.
Serve these as a low-carb side. It would be really good with grilled chicken, green beans, and some fresh homemade rolls--the ideas are limitless. However, since I am just a broke college student, these pumpkin fries were served with chicken fritters, chamomile tea, Greek yogurt (not pictured), and two amazingly rich, all-natural squares of orange-infused dark chocolate.
Living the good life. Oh yea.


Pumpkin Fries:


Ingredients:

serves 4

-1/4 large pumpkin

-1 egg

-2/3 cup shredded Parmesan, Asiago, and Romano cheese blend 

-1/2 tsp paprika

-2 tsp McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken seasoning

-1/2 tsp salt

-1/2 tsp 

**NOTE: I did not measure any of the spices exactly, so this is just my best estimation. These are approximate values so feel free to add more or less as suits your taste.


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
    Cut pumpkin in half with a large (and I do mean Large) knife.

2. Scrape all of the seeds and fibrous part out of the middle. I used a large spoon.
    Save the seeds. [Save them. Dry them and them roast them. Do it. *please* You will thank me later.]

3. Cut the pumpkin into smaller sections until it is small enough to peel. Peel each section.
4. Cut into strips and place in a large (once again, Large) bowl. You could also cut it into cubes. Cubes are nice.
5. Add the egg, make sure to coat all of the pumpkin pieces.
6. Add the salt, spices, and the cheese.

7. Pour into a well greased pan. You may have to use two or three pans. I actually used three. It works better the pumpkin is not crowded!





8. Bake at 350F for 50 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment