It's all Greek to me

I am definitely a fan of the infamous peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It brings back so many childhood memories. I can remember sitting by the pool on really hot summer days, and mama would bring us out a PB&J and a Capri Sun juice bag! ...and then we would wait for 15 agonizing minutes before we could jump back in the pool. Oh, the good old days: when the biggest worries in life consisted of what cartoons were showing on Saturday morning and having to eat all of my sweet potatoes before I could leave the table. (Of course, now I have no problem finishing all of my food.)

Well if PB&J is a nostalgic topic for you, or if you have (for some odd reason) never even had a PB&J, I got a recipe for you!
This recipe is one of my very favorites! I absolutely love it, and it has become a go-to recipe for for when I am craving something sweet. (sometimes I feel really courageous and add a few raisins and chocolate chips! Whoo!
I came up with it a couple of months ago; it is so good.
All I have to say is: try it. Please just try it. It is a really good {and healthy!} way to curb your craving for that good, old-fashioned PB&J..


PB&J Greek Yogurt:


Ingredients:

-1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt (you can use the vanilla kind, but I use the plain because it doesn't have any added sugar)

-1 Tbs PB2 (or regular peanut butter)

-1 Tbs No-Sugar-Added Nesquick

-1/2 cup frozen strawberries

-sweetener (sweetener is needed ONLY if you are using PLAIN Greek yogurt. Do not add any if you are using vanilla Greek yogurt. I use about 2 Tbs. Granulated stevia)

*NOTE: depending on how sweet your strawberries are, you may want to add a little stevia (or any other sweetener to them to. Do so after mashing them.)

Directions:

1. Mix together the Greek yogurt, peanut butter, Nesquick, and sweetener (if using).
2. Defrost strawberries in the microwave until thawed. (about 45 seconds) Mash strawberries with a fork/knife.
3. Pour on top of Green yogurt.
4. Indulge.


Do you have a special food that brings back fond memories from childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment