Humble Beginnings

Inspiration for the Day:

Avocado, Spinach, and Flax Seed Sandwich

Hi! My name is Lauren, and the idea of this blog has been teeming in my mind for about two years.


About four years ago, I decided to make a life change. I was about forty pounds heavier, and I had absolutely no concept of what "healthy" was.


I started on Weight Watchers and continued with that for about a year. After I had a pretty good concept of what healthy was, I began to branch off on my own and just embrace a healthy lifestyle without restrictions of "points" and goals per day.It was during that time that I fell head-over-heals in love... with food. Every spare moment I was researching recipes, experimenting in the kitchen, and coming up with new ideas for dinner every night.
Ever since then, it has been all play no work for me. I absolutely love to get in the kitchen after a long day and just bake (or cook).


What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to share the recipes I create. My desire is to open people's eyes to the fact healthy eating is totally and completely enjoyable! A healthy lifestyle does not just consist of grilled chicken, salads, and celery. There are so many delicious foods in the world that God created for our enjoyment. We only have one life, why live it miserably?


Please feel free to leave comments or email me with ideas for healthy recipes. I am a busy college student working out of a little tiny kitchen, but I am making it work!
Disclaimer: not all of the recipes posted on this website will be healthy. As much as I love healthy eating, I am also a fan of indulgence every once in a while. The key is Moderation! (and exercise...)


One more thing. I LOVE food photography, so this website shall also be a place for random pictures of pretty foods, but the pictures shall all be mine.


I am very new to this blogging thing, so any tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.


Thanks!

1 comment:

Post a Comment