Guilt-free Brownie for One

Do you enjoy chocolate?
Do you value your waistline at all?
Do you think it is possible to eat something that satisfies both of these values?
Hmmm, um yes!

This idea came while I was browsing on Pinterest, the mother of all creativity, and I found a recipe that had cocoa powder and pumpkin; immediately I knew this was for me. So, I Lauren-ized it, as I do with all of my food, and it turned out better than I could have imagined!

Guilt-free Brownie for One

Adapted from Foodie Fiasco


Ingredients:

-1/3 cup cocoa powder

-1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)

-1 egg white

-3 Tbs milk (whatever you have: skim, 2%, whole, almond, soy...)

-6 chocolate chips (or 7, or 8, or 9, or 10...)

-1/8 tsp baking powder

-pinch of salt

-sweetener (I used stevia, but any sweetener is fine: stevia, splenda, maple syrup, sugar. Sweeten it to taste. I believe I put about 2 1/2 Tbs. granulated stevia in mine.)


Directions:

1. Combine everything in a microwavable mug.
2. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes or until the middle looks like it is almost done.
3. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
4. Enjoy! I personally suggest about a tablespoon of peanut butter on top. {Which of course, anything is better when you add peanut butter.}
By the way, isn't Lynchburg beautiful?



And for more food inspiration, here is my dinner from the other night. This college student shall not bow to Ramen!
It was Jamaican Roasted Pork Loin, Cajun Rice and Beans, and Fresh Green Beans.
May I say, eating healthy is quite delicious!

With Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment